Training Suite for Hire
When courses are not running in our training suite this space can be hired by BECS members for rehearsals or meetings. Contact us for more information on email@example.com for more information or to book a slot.
In 2018 we started offering training courses to our members at a reduced rate to help further their skills. So far, we have had Spanish, French, Mind Fitness and Self Taping courses. We’re open to ideas on other courses you think would benefit you and your career so please do let us know.
If you’d like us to contact you about new courses please let us know on firstname.lastname@example.org
We are continuing with our online 8 week Spanish and French classes. These courses will begin on the week starting 9th August. If you’d like to join one of these courses or would like more information you can email us at email@example.com. In case you’re not sure what level suits you best we’ve included a little description and the cost below.
- Give and ask for personal data, say hello and say goodbye, resources to ask about words, gender, verb conjugations (-ar, -er, -ir), the verbs to be, to be called and to have. Vocabulary: numbers, nationalities, professions and the alphabet.
A1 – Beginner
- Can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type.
- Can introduce themselves and others and can ask and answer questions about personal details such as where they live, people they know and things they have.
- Can interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
A2-B1 – Intermediate
- Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Can deal with most situations likely to arise while travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
- Can produce simple connected text on topics that are familiar or of personal interest.
- Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
|Spanish Grammar & Conversation||£90|
Language Timetable for August – October 2021
|Beginner Spanish – Grammar 10:00-11:30||Level 9 Spanish – Grammar 10:00-11:30||Level 7 Spanish – Grammar 10:00-11:30||Level 8 Spanish – Grammar 10:00-11:30||Level 2 & 3 Spanish – Grammar 10:00-11:30|
|Level 7 Spanish – Conversation 14:00-15:00||Level 8 Spanish – Conversation 14:00-15:00||Level 2 & 3 Spanish – Conversation 14:00-15:00||Level 9 Spanish – Conversation 14:00-15:00||Beginner Spanish – Conversation 14:00-15:00|
|Intermediate French 10:00-11:30||Beginner French 10:30-12:00|
Three-day workshop in London with Dugald Bruce-Lockhart for Spanish Performers
We recently held another exciting course as part of our collaboration with AISGE for Spanish performers who want to get to grips with working on English productions. It took place between November 27 and 29, from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m and was taught by Dugald Bruce-Lockhart.
The course included working on excerpts in English of several plays (some in verse, such as Shakespeare’s, in addition to other more modern ones), scenes and monologues were worked on to explore how the text contains the ‘plane’ of what the actors call ‘character’. It also examined how the rhythm, tempo and sound of a piece are key elements when successfully delivering that ‘character’ to the audience.
Please see the video below to find out what AISGE performers thought of the course.